Contact Me

If you'd like to contact me directly, you can send me an email at cmpowers56@gmail.com

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I love when it rains, but for cryin' out loud, I can't hear the TV!

So there I was last night, forcing my wife to watch one of my favorite films (don't make fun of me), Eddie and the Cruisers, when it started to rain. Come on, she's forced me to watch every episode of every season of Sex and the City. They were kind of funny so I can't complain too much.

Usually, I love the rain here in Panama. When it rains it pours. I remember the first time I witnessed a storm here. The sound of the rain hitting the tin roofs all around me was amazing...and scary. A regular ol' rain storm here sounds like one of the hurricanes I lived through in South Florida. I'm telling you, it sounds like baseballs are slamming against your roof.

Now, when you're lying in bed, there's no better sound than rain hitting the pavement outside and the roof over your head, but when your sitting with your family, forcing them to watch a movie no one cares to watch other than you, it can be downright aggravating. It's the music in Eddie and the Cruisers that makes it worth watching. I had to turn on English subtitles so we could read the lyrics John Cafferty was belting out with his Beaver Brown Band.

The rain finally subsided just as the credits began to roll. Guess I'll have to wait 'till the rainy season ends...then force my wife to watch it all over again. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment