Contact Me

If you'd like to contact me directly, you can send me an email at cmpowers56@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Vaccinations required in Panama

Okay, this is going to be a short post. One of the readers of my blog had great questions about the vaccines that are required here in Panama. 

I was surprised at how difficult it was to get a good answer for this. Jessica, the reader who requested this info, tried calling several of the schools here and tried emailing a few too, but got no response. So she contacted me. My sister-in-law is a doctor out in David, so I figured if anyone could get the info for me, she could. She sent me a couple of pdf's she found, with lists of vaccines needed. 

Still, finding a list of everything compiled, for all age groups, was a pain. I think I found what you guys need though. I used the following two websites to gather this info: http://pediatriapanama.wordpress.com/esquema-nacional-de-vacunacion-de-panama-2013/ and this awesome pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/albatistag/esquema-nacional-de-vacunacion-panama-2013/

These sites included the following charts, which I'll paste here as well, all taken from Panama's Ministry of Health (Ministerio de Salud). The charts are in Spanish, but if you print them out and take them to your doctor in the U.S., he/she should be able to figure out what it is you need. 

Worst case, just bring your kids' current shot records with you to Panama. If they're missing something, the doctor here will get them up to date. When we moved here, we brought our kids' records. I think our daughters need a couple of shots since the requirements are a little bit different between here and the U.S.

Here are the charts from the sites mentioned above. The print on these will be too small, I just couldn't make them fit onto my blog in a way that you'd be able to see them clearly. I've linked each chart to its web page though, so click each one and you'll be taken to a full-size chart. 

For Children under 1 year



Children 12 months to 4 years



Children 5 yeas to 19 years



Women of Childbearing Age



General Adult Population



National Vaccination Schedule for late or non-vaccinated children 4 months to 5 years old



Hope this helped a little bit. Thanks for reading,

Chris




No comments:

Post a Comment