Contact Me

If you'd like to contact me directly, you can send me an email at cmpowers56@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Funny Politics in Panama

Ok, I try to be lighthearted and funny in my posts, but this one might tick some people off...hopefully not politicians with any crime-lord buddies. 

All joking aside, let's let the jokes begin. With the election season going strong, I couldn't help but notice the political propaganda on every light post in every neighborhood of Panama City. The pictures of politicians doing their best knuckles-to-chin smile are everywhere. It's no different from the signs slammed down into the front lawns of so many homes across America, or in any other country. Well, it is kind of different, and that's what this post is all about. 

I'm honestly so entertained by these political posters. I look forward to them. At every traffic light, I'm like a kid in a candy store, looking left and right to see the posters. One guy has his dog on the poster with him and another, bless his heart, literally looks like his picture was taken lying down in a coffin. He kind of looks like the old priest from the second Poltergeist movie. I'm glad I don't remember his name because it would just be mean to post it here.

Update! Just found the photo of the guy with the dog. Here it is

Something else I love about the posters is how serious the candidates are in their photos, but how unserious their names are. They use nicknames here. And the nicknames are awesome.



Like this one in the photo above. He might be the most qualified candidate in all of Panama City, possibly the most qualified in the whole country, but the "Lin" nickname cracks me up. 

"Hey, Jimmy, you gonna vote for Nodiel?"

"Who?"

"Nodiel. Nodiel Nay. Lin?"

"Oh, Lin! Yeah! We went to grade school togetha!"



This guy, "DJ Black" has got balls, man. Unless your name was Donald James and you grew up with the nickname DJ and your last name was Black (which would make this totally okay), it's just a strange thing to put on a political poster. Right? Can you imagine Chris "DJ Skittles" Powers for Mayor? Barrack "Scratchmaster J" Obama? Hahaha. 

Man, if this guy reads this, he's gonna hate my guts. Ricardo, DJ, I'm sorry man. Don't take any of this personally. This is all just for fun. I hope you win and you're the best Diputado of 8-8 the world has ever seen.



This one is great not only because the dude on the right is wearing the most pimped out suit in all of politics but also because his nickname is "Dicky Ranking." His nickname is longer than his real name. I've never heard of that before. I salute you, Dicky Ranking.


And Popeye. At first I thought his real name was Popeye, but then I saw him on a different poser and it had his real name with "Popeye" as the nickname. Truth is, I'd vote for any of these guys just cause they have the guts to be normal, average Joes. Good luck guys!

So, when you're out in the dreadful Panama traffic, don't let it get you down. Just look around and get a kick at some of the posters on the light posts. 

Man, you'd really think I have a lot of time on my hands, huh? 

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to check out www.PanamaForReal.com

Subscribe to and share our Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6N7Ih2bjD0FjOBnDg_-Flg




No comments:

Post a Comment